For users of Nintendo Switch, they have to buy a game card if they want to play its game. Nintendo has released nearly 2,000 switch games until now, and the average value of each game card is 30 euros. For switch game fans this will be a huge expense. In fact, we can avoid this completely. With a homemade software called SX OS, we can jailbreak the switch and play free games on the sd card! In this guide, I will tell you how to play 30 switch games on sd card with only a sx os license code of less than 30€ ！
What’s SX OS for Switch ?
SX OS is a CFW offered by Team Xecuter, its main features are:
- Play games downloaded from outside of eshop
- Run unsigned games from the eshop
- Emulate game cartridges
- Install updates and DLCs
- Run Homebrew
It is the license without more. In a maximum of 24 hours we will receive an email from the store with the activation code. additionally we need to have an Android phone or a PC and a USB-C cable (If we use Android, we also use an OTG cable or a single USB-C to USB-C cable if our phone is compatible).
How to add games on sd card with sx os ?
You will need to hack your Nintendo Switch to read games on the micro sd card. It’s very easy to complete with the help of SX OS license, check our guide below:
Tutorial SX OS with Android
- 12-digit activation key
- NXloader (https://ouo.io/uKqRoUb)
- A USB-C to USB-A cable
- OTG adapter compatible with our phone
- SXloader (https://ouo.io/9gbJ81)
- SX OS v2.7.1 (https://sx.xecuter.com)
- MicroSD card for the console
- Some tool to access RCM
Steps to follow:
- We put the boot.dat file of the SX OS in the root of the MicroSD card and insert it into the console.
- We install the NXloader APK on our phone
- We put the file payload.bin of the SXloader in our phone (It can be in any location of the internal memory, if you put it in the SD it can cause problems)
- Open NXloader and in the CONFIG tab, click on “Select primary payload” and look for the payload.bin file from the previous step.
- We start the console in RCM mode
- We connect the console to the phone
- In some telephones a message appears to confirm that the application allows to interact with the console, we mark the box and we accept it
- Our console will start in the SX OS menu, select the option “Boot custom FW”
- We continue to follow the warnings that appear.
- If we have wifi connected to the console: From the menu of the console, we open the album and a menu of sx os will appear. Press the “A” button and write the code that the store sent us.
- If we do not have internet connected: We turn off the console, in the SD memory we created a file called “license-request.dat”
- We go to the activation page of SX OS and upload the file
- Then he will ask us for the activation key and a file called “license.dat” will be downloaded, we put it to the root of the SD and he is ready (We can delete the file “license-request.dat” from the SD).
- We already have activated SX OS in our Switch
Note: If we turn off the console it is necessary to re-enter RCM and load the payload, for this it is only necessary to repeat steps 4, 5 and 6.
Once you have your sxos activated on your Switch you will be able to put your game backups on your 128 or 256 or more GB microSD card. For example, you can buy a 256GB sd card with switch games on this website free-switch.com and take a look at the game list:
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
- Pokemon Let’s Go, Pikachu/Eevee
- Bayonetta 2
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- Diablo III: Eternal Collection
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Splatoon 2
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Rocket League
- Kirby : Star Allies
- Golf Story
- Octopath Traveler
- Dark Souls Remastered
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
- Sonic Mania
- Stardew Valley
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Mario + The Lapins Crétins : Kingdom Battle
- Disgaea 5 Complete
- Snake Pass
- Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
- Into the Breach
that is the full game list of 256GB sd card, any game will interest you ?